What is EDArcade?
EDArcade is an educational gaming platform that has been designed around the National Curriculum to support the educational needs of children ages 4 to 13 and SEN students of all ages. We focus on tough-to-teach topics and important life skills as well as the development of children's academic ability. Our library features 120+ educational games, short animated PSHE videos and our virtual world EDVille.
With 23 different languages incorporated into each individual game, this provides support for ESOL/EAL students, as well as allowing students to learn a new language if they wish too! Here at EDArcade, we understand that everyone has different ways of communicating, which is why we are proud to announce that we will be adding Makaton to our system in September 2020!
Our Core Beliefs
- Connecting with students through game-based learning, a familiar environment for the student.
- Portraying memorable characters and games, allowing students to remember and relate their learning to visualise and kinetic cues.
- Granting independence, confidence and mental wellbeing to students through independent game-based learning.
- Focusing on tough-to-teach and politically relevant topics, built around the National Curriculum.
- Listening to the need of both students and teachers alike.