What is EDArcade?
EDArcade is an online gaming platform designed to support the educational needs of primary school children and SEN students of all ages. Our library features 100+ games covering core subjects such as Maths, English and Science as tough-to-teach topics, all built around the National Curriculum to support KS1 & KS2, our virtual ‘Sims’ style world EDVille and short, animated PSHE videos.
We currently support 23 different languages, to provide ESOL/EAL students with the support they deserve and of course we understand that each child learns in their own way, which is why all of our game instructions are available in visual and audio formats, dyslexia fonts available and we are even in the process of adding Makaton to our system, coming soon!
Our Core Beliefs
- Connecting with students through game-based learning, an environment they are familiar with
- Portraying memorable characters and games, allowing students to remember and relate their learning to visualise and kinetic cues.
- Granting independence, confidence and mental wellbeing to students through independent game-based learning.
- Focusing on tough-to-teach and politically relevant topics as well as maintaining core subjects.
- Listening to the need of both students and teachers alike.